On Linux download either OpenFOAM® 3.0.1, v3.0+, 4.0, v1606+, 4.1, v1612+, 1706 and compile them from source.
Then unpack the tar.gz of MantiumFlow:
tar xfvz MantiumFlow_Demo_linux.tar.gz
Open up the GUI by by executing MantiumFlow:
Now click on the logo in the lower left hand corner and configure the installation. This mainly consists of telling MantiumFlow where to find OpenFOAM®.
Alternatively the configuration file can be found in the MantiumFlow_default_settings folder. Using a text editor the default_settings.ini can then be modified.
On Windows you should decide if you want to use OpenFOAM® v1606+ using Docker or the more native installation from blueCFD® by FSD blueCAPE Lda. The later is much easier to install. Instructions for both are lined out here:
- Please download and install blueCFD-Core 2016-2
v1606+ using Docker:
- Download it.
- Make sure that your BIOS/EFI has virtualization enabled.
- Check the PowerShell version:
- Start PowerShell.
- Enter “get-host”.
- If the output indicates a version above 2.0 you are fine.
- If not, please update PowerShell.
- It is advisable to de-install Git, Docker, older OF versions if present.
- Now execute the downloaded OF version and run the installation.
- After that finished, open up the Oracle VM Virtual Box.
- Select the “default” virtual machine and access the settings by clicking the yellow gear symbol.
- Increase the amount of RAM. 16GB should be the minimum but keep enough free RAM for the Windows host.
- Increase the amount of CPUs that can be used. MantiumFlow needs a minimum of 2.
- Before you start OF the first time, please right click on the “OF_Env_Create” icon on your desktop and run it as administrator. Please only do this once.
- Now you can click OpenFOAM_Start from the desktop and launch OF the first time.
- Unpack the zip of MantiumFlow.
- Open up the GUI by executing MantiumFlow.
- Now click on the logo in the lower left hand corner and configure the installation. This mainly consists of telling MantiumFlow where to find OpenFOAM and which version you are using. If you are using the blueCFD version please call the version “4.1”.
- Alternatively the configuration file can be found in the MantiumFlow_default_settings folder. Using a text editor the default_settings.ini can then be modified.